Tuesday

5 Things To Know About APU



To commemorate the greatness of dear old Mom, we went to City of Dreams to celebrate Mother's Day, and to basically avoid the sweltering heat here in Philippines.

Since we were living the good life, we decided to milk as much in by eating in at Apu, an authentic Filipino Restaurant.

Here is my Top 5 things you should know about this place.


1. Lines. And hours of waiting.

APU has a no reservation policy whatsoever. Basically, it's a first come, first serve type of thing. If you cannot contain your hunger (like will probably die because of it) and in a time crunch, well buddy, you better start listing your other options because this restaurant gives zero fucks.

They stick to their rules more than a pesky bubble gum to your hair.


2. APU cares. Like 48%

The only good thing about wasting bit by bit at APU is they start preparing your orders while you wait outside. So once seated, you don't need to go hulk on them coz of another 30 minutes of cooking period. Oh no, they will just plop in those hot and steamy dishes right away like nobody's business. It is a pretty good comeback after having the balls of your feet given up on you.


3. Kare-Kare is sweeter than your girlfriend

Give me a moment here to compose myself. *breathes*

Good Lord. If I had known before hand that they would tweak and dissect an authentic filipino food and serve me an abomination on a platter, I wouldn't have wasted my time stupidly standing and waiting outside. It brings sadness to my heart when someone says one thing, but means the other. It's like giving your girlfriend a Prada bag made from China yet telling her it's original. Ugh. The deception. The horror.

But if ever you had the misfortune of ordering this particular dish, and hated the overpowering sweetness, make sure to ask for fish sauce. Drizzle that bitch on top and enjoy eating.

You're welcome.


4. Their Sinigang is to die for.

If my Kare-Kare face went from I am marrying this dish to divorcing the shit out of it real quick, my Sinigang face is of pure bliss covered in a decadent, salty and sour soup. It. Is. Perfection.

The meat is fall apart tender that melts in your mouth right after that very first bite. Add in a heaping spoonful of steamed rice. My goodness. *gulps*


5. Pricey with limited good options

I guess it comes with the location, but man, oh man. Eating here costs an arm and a leg.

Sinigang, which is a sour broth with tomato, tamarind, meat, radish and kangkong costs $15 or Php 650.

Get this, they charge Kare-Kare more than their best seller. Yup. You heard me. Php 690. LOL. #neveragain.

To sum it up, the food except for sinigang was a meh. Good, but not memorable in a good way. I would probably steer clear away from this place.


Apu, Authentic Filipino Food
Upper Ground Floor, City of Dreams Manila, Aseana Boulevard 
Corner Macapagal Avenue, Entertainment City, Parañaque City
02 8871651

Forever Hungry,
Dennice

No comments:

Post a Comment